HPRSD is A Non Profit Organization IRS code 501 (C) (3)
Festivities: HPR International Christmas Festival, HPRSD Annual Gala Fiesta de Navidad, and our Annual Dia de Reyes Family Celebration
Borinquen is the Taino Indian name for Puerto Rico. Puerto Ricans are proud to call themselves boricuas or borinqueños aiming to enrich themselves by living and sharing our rich Puerto Rican culture. The House of Puerto Rico San Diego was founded in 1972 by a group of Puerto Rican families in San Diego, led by Doña Casilda Pagán, who sought to preserve our history and culture, and to share our customs withour children and neighbors.
In February 2006, we inaugurated a cottage--La Casita --aimed to preserve our culture in the world-renown Balboa Park. Visit nuestra casita every Sunday afternoons from 12-4pm.
Be sure to join our Mailing List (see left panel) to get our e-newsletters and keep you informed. If you registered and are not receiving your emails, maybe your email has changed or inadvertantly unsubscribed, register again and follow instructions to update your setting. ¡Bienvenidos
- No membership meeting in December.
- HPR International Christmas Festival during Balboa Park's December Nights, Friday Dec 4 - Saturday, Dec 5. Ethnic food, spirits and dance from around the world. See HPR website for details as they become available. House of Puerto Rico will have our booth with Puerto Rican food and our youth will perform typical dances from Puerto Rico.
- House of Puerto Rico Gala Fiesta de Navidad, Saturday, December 12, 2015 (see flyer below & link for details as they become available).
- HPRSD Membership Meeting, Saturday, January 2, 2016
(3-6pm, Hall of Nations)
- Culture Corner - Annual Tres Reyes (Three Kings) Family Celebration.
- Potluck - Bring a dish to share. More people will be present.
- To promote a better understanding of Puerto Rico amongst people of all nationalities and races,
- To promote and cultivate the Puerto Rican culture, and
- To promote social activities amongst its members.