HPRSD is A Non Profit Organization IRS code 501 (C) (3)
Gala Fiesta de Navidad
Borinquen is the Taino Indian name for Puerto Rico. Puerto Ricans are proud to call themselves boricuas or borinqueños aiming to enrich themselves by living and sharing our rich Puerto Rican culture. The House of Puerto Rico San Diego was founded in 1972 by a group of Puerto Rican families in San Diego, led by Doña Casilda Pagán, who sought to preserve our history and culture, and to share our customs with our children and neighbors.
In February 2006, we inaugurated a cottage--La Casita --aimed to preserve our culture in the world-renown Balboa Park. Visit nuestra casita every Sunday afternoons from 12-4pm.
On the Casita's 3rd Anniversary, we launched our new web site - our virtual Casita - aimed to provide our community and friends everything about our cultural programs, museum, events, etc. Explore the website as its development continues.
Be sure to join our Mailing List to get our e-newsletters and keep you informed. ¡Bienvenidos
- HPRSD Membership Meeting, November 1, 2014
- HPR International Christmas Festival, Fri-Saturday, December 5-6, 2014
- International Cottages area; during Balboa Park's December Nights
- PR Food near HPRSD Casita
- HPRSD Gala Fiesta de Navidad, Saturday, December 13, 2014. Town & Country Resort & Convention Center.
- HPRSD Dia de Reyes Culture Corner & Family Celebration, Saturday, January 3, 2015
Congratulations are in order for the
House of Puerto Rico
2014 Casilda Pagan
HPR International Christmas Festival
during Balboa Park's December Nights
International Cottages area
December 5-6, 2014
Read more >
HPRSD Food Booth near
click on image for gala page
- To promote a better understanding of Puerto Rico amongst people of all nationalities and races,
- To promote and cultivate the Puerto Rican culture, and
- To promote social activities amongst its members.