2013 Gala Fiesta de Navidad:
Annual HPRSD Membership fees
are due as of October 1, 2013.
Renew your membership to get benefits including voting in the upcoming elections
and membership discounts for the Gala Fiesta de Navidad. Membership fees are 100% tax-deductible.
HPRSD is A Non Profit Organization IRS code 501 (C) (3)
Borinquen is the Taino Indian name for Puerto Rico. Puerto Ricans are proud to call themselves boricuas or borinqueños aiming to enrich themselves by living and sharing our rich Puerto Rican culture. The House of Puerto Rico San Diego was founded in 1972 by a group of Puerto Rican families in San Diego, led by Doña Casilda Pagán, who sought to preserve our history and culture, and to share our customs with our children and neighbors.
In February 2006, we inaugurated a cottage--La Casita --aimed to preserve our culture in the world-renown Balboa Park. Visit nuestra casita every Sunday afternoons from 12-4pm.
On the Casita's 3rd Anniversary, we launched our new web site - our virtual Casita - aimed to provide our community and friends everything about our cultural programs, museum, events, etc. Explore the website as its development continues.
Be sure to join our Mailing List to get our e-newsletters and keep you informed. ¡Bienvenidos
- HPR's International Christmas Festival , during Balboa Parks's December Nights, Friday-Saturday, Dec 6-7
- We will have a booth booth. We need your involvement. This is an important fundraising opportunity for our organization. To be successful, we need to make sure we are fully staffed, spread the load and Boricua Spirit. To that end, Please Sign Up to help at the time(s) of your preference.
All cooking and server volunteers must have received Food Handling Training. FREE training is available on Thursday, November 14th 5-6pm at the Hall of Nations.
For any questions, contact Anthony Flores at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HPRSD Gala Fiesta de Navidad, Saturday, December 14, 2013
- HPRSD Membership Meeting, January 4, 2014
(3-6pm, Hall of Nations)
Pass the word!
HPRSD will have a PR Food Booth. To volunteer, click here. For further information, contact Anthony Flores.
- To promote a better understanding of Puerto Rico amongst people of all nationalities and races,
- To promote and cultivate the Puerto Rican culture, and
- To promote social activities amongst its members.