HPRSD is A Non Profit Organization IRS code 501 (C) (3)
Borinquen is the Taino Indian name for Puerto Rico. Puerto Ricans are proud to call themselves boricuas or borinqueños aiming to enrich themselves by living and sharing our rich Puerto Rican culture. The House of Puerto Rico San Diego was founded in 1972 by a group of Puerto Rican families in San Diego,led by Doña Casilda Pagán, who sought to preserve our history and culture, and to share our customs withour children and neighbors.
In February 2006, we inaugurated a cottage--La Casita --aimed to preserve our culture in the world-renown Balboa Park. Visit nuestra casita every Sunday afternoons from 12-4pm.
Be sure to join our Mailing List (see left panel) to get our e-newsletters and keep you informed. If you registered and are not receiving your emails, maybe your email has changed or inadvertantly unsubscribed, register again and follow instructions to update your setting. ¡Bienvenidos
- HPRSD Membership Meeting, Saturday, May 7, 2016
(3-6pm, Hall of Nations, Balboa Parkt)
- HPR Ethnic Foor Fair, Sunday, May 29, 2016.
- HPRSD Annual Lawn Program, June 19, 2016. 10am - 3pm.
- HPRSD Gala de Navidad, December 10, 2016. 6:30pm - 12am.
SAVE THE DATE!!. Online ticket sales to come.
- To promote a better understanding of Puerto Rico amongst people of all nationalities and races,
- To promote and cultivate the Puerto Rican culture, and
- To promote social activities amongst its members.